Junior Coaches Program
New Coach Mentorship Program
For players ages 10-15
Learn from experienced coaches and build self-confidence, courage, and resilience as an athlete. Improve your own soccer skills by sharing your knowledge with younger athletes.
Benefits of the Junior Coach Program
- Mentorship from experienced coaches.
- Builds self-confidence, courage, and resilience as an athlete.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills.
- Improve your own soccer skills by sharing your knowledge with younger athletes.
- Learn self-management skills by demonstrating the responsibility of showing up on time, being accountable and prepared for each session.
- Develop problem solving skills and how to adapt to various situation.
- Opportunity to move on and coach their own group, team or session after the age of 15.
- Junior coaches work with the youngest players from U6–U9.
- Junior coaches, 16 and older, go through coach training from Canada Soccer and Swan City FC’s staff.
- Optional coaching days: TBA
- Junior coaches will receive a certification for volunteering at the end of each season.
Expectations of a Junior Coach
Show up dressed in all appropriate soccer gear by looking the part of a coach (cleats, soccer pants, soccer top).
Show up 10 minutes before each session.
Engage positively with the players when on the field.
Help make practice fun and engaging for every athlete.
Take the Canada Soccer Active Start and FUNdamental course. ($15- 20)
Always conduct themselves in a respectful manner.
Junior Coach will notify Swan City FC’s staff if they are unable to attend a soccer session.